The Self-Employment Social Security Scheme was established to provide protection to individuals who are self-employed.
For starter phase, this scheme required for all Taxi Driver and Ehailing Driver (Passenger Transportation Services) under the provision of the Self Employment Social Security Act 2017 (Act 789) took effect on 1st June 2017.
- Malaysian Citizen / Permanent Resident
- A valid driver’s license with JPJ and Driver Card or Authorization Letter issue by LPKP (Sabah & Sawarak)
- Register with ehailing services.
Payment of Contribution:
- Contribution payment can pay by monthly or yearly.
- Payment in Cash at any PERKESO’s Branches or online payment through internet banking at www.iperkeso.my.
Online Payment Procedures are as follows:
- Visit iperkeso.my
- Register account iPERKESO.
- Verification link send to registered email.
- Fill up all the details and upload necessary documents needed.
- Choose payment via “Financial Process Exchange” (FPX).
- Print the receipt as a proof of payment.
- A valid Driving License.
- PSV Card.
- Driver Card.
- Valid Authorization Letter issued by LPKP (Sabah & Sarawak).
- Any documents/prove registered with e-hailing services such as 'Driver Profiles'.
Schedule of Contribution:
The contribution is based on selected insured monthly earning:
- Medical Benefits
- Temporary Disablement Benefits
- Permanent Disablement Benefits
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Dependant’s Benefit
- Funeral Benefit
- Facilities for physical or vocational rehabilitation
- Education Benefit
For more information, visit portal www.perkeso.gov.my or call customer service 1300-22-8000.