Last modified : 15 Mar 2022.
This Policy applies to our customers, passengers, agents, vendors, suppliers, partners (such as driver and merchant partners), contractors and service providers (collectively “you”, “your” or “yours”).
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, nationality, telephone number, bank and credit card details, personal interests, email address, your image, government-issued identification numbers, biometric data, race, date of birth, marital status, religion, health information, vehicle and insurance information, employment information and financial information.
COLLECTION OF DATA
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However if you do not provide the Company your Personal Data, the Company will not be able to process your Personal Data for the purposes and additional purposes outlined below.
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to the Company directly, Company may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
- From publicly available sources such as directories or from credit reporting agencies;
- Fill up user profile or registration forms or other similar forms;
- When you participate in campaigns or contests organised by us,
- From Company’s social media pages, if you follow, like or are a fan of such pages;
- By verifying your identity through various means such as social media logins, submission of selfie images or independently verified payment card information;
- When you interact and communicate with Company at any events or activities;
- From marketing service providers or partners;
- From various entities or divisions under Company; or
- By using Company websites, your personal data may also be collected from cookies used on the websites.
If you are an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider, provision of your Personal Data is mandatory and failure to provide your Personal Data, may be a breach of laws, contracts, or regulatory requirements, and may cause the Company to be unable to engage you to provide or products or services or issue payments to you for products or services provided.
Sensitive Personal Data
We may collect some sensitive Personal Data with your consent and/or in strict compliance with applicable laws. Sensitive Personal Data includes those pertaining to your race, national ID information, religious beliefs, background information (i.e.: criminal records, where legally permissible), health data, disability, marital status and biometric data, as applicable.
EzCab Driver’s Personal Data
We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- telematics data such as your speed, acceleration, and braking data;
- device data such as accelerometer data, GPS location, your IMEI number and the names of apps you have installed on your device;
- your vehicle registration data; and
- personal data that may be captured through your interaction with us, our operators and its related metadata.
- Telematics devices
The information we request when making your registration at EzCab software, is requested in order to offer you our professional service.
- Personal In-vehicle cameras
Some EzCab drivers may install personal in-vehicle cameras in their vehicles for their own purposes (including safety and security). The use of such in-vehicle cameras is not endorsed or prohibited by EzCab. The collection use and disclosure of Personal Data obtained from personal in-vehicle cameras is the responsibility of the relevant individual driver. Please check with the relevant partner if you have any queries about their use of personal in-vehicle cameras.
Personal Data on Behalf of Third Party
EzCab software may have features that allows you to submit Personal Data of other individual to us. For example, you may book on behalf or add them as your emergency contact. If you provide us with their Personal Data, you represent and warrant that you have obtained their consent for their Personal Data to be collected, used and disclosed as set out in this Policy.
USE OF DATA
EzCab uses high ethical standards and respects your privacy, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent.
However, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information to our affiliated (group) companies including our and our affiliated (group) companies’ employees and our trusted agents and representatives who have access to this information with our permission and who need to know or have access to this information to perform our service to and for the benefit of you.
In accordance with Personal Data Protection Act, strict security procedures are observed to prevent personal data misuse and unauthorised access. EzCab may use and process your Personal Data for the following purposes (:Purpose”):
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice,
- to respond to questions, queries, feedbacks and comments from you,
- for purposes of detection, prevention, and prosecution of crime
- for internal administrative purposes, such as data analysis, database records,
- for Company to comply with its obligations under law,
- and that you agree and provide consent to Company using and processing your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified in this Notice.
Providing Services and features
Your Personal Data will be used to provide, personalise, maintain and improve our Apps, Websites and Services.
This includes to:
- provide you with Services across our various business verticals;
- engage you to provide Services;
- create, administer and update your account;
- conduct due diligence checks;
- verify your identity;
- verify your age (where necessary);
- validate your ride and process payments;
- track the progress of your trip and detect abnormal trip variations;
- enable features that personalise your App, such as lists of your favourite places and previous destinations;
- make your experience more seamless, such as automatically filling in your registration information (such as your name or phone number) from one Service to another Service or when you participate in our surveys;
- perform internal operations necessary to provide our Services, including troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems, conducting data analysis, testing and research, monitoring and analysing usage and activity trends;
- protect the security or integrity of the Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Services available;
- process and manage your rewards;
- enable communications between our users;
- process, manage or verify your application of promotions, rewards and subscriptions with EzCab;
- enable our partners to manage and allocate fleet resources; and
- fulfil the services to you as a data processor, where you have provided consent to the data controller (i.e. the organisation you had purchased goods or services from, and for whom EzCab is providing services on behalf of) for such services to be rendered.
Safety and Security
- We use your data to ensure the safety and security of our Services and all users. This includes:
- screening driver and delivery partners before enabling their use of our Services;
- identifying unsafe driving behaviour such as speeding, harsh braking and acceleration, and providing personalised feedback to driver;
- verifying your identity when you log in to EzCab;
- using device, location, profile, usage and other Personal Data to prevent, detect and combat fraud or unsafe activities;
- sharing drivers and passengers’ location and details when the emergency button or the “Share My Ride” feature is activated;
- monitoring compliance with our terms and conditions, policies and Driver’s Code of Conduct; and
- detecting, preventing and prosecuting crime.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and Branding Purposes. Further, EzCab may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties include, without limitation:
- EzCab’s partners, which include parties with whom EzCab collaborates with for certain events, campaigns, and activities,
- Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure and software development work;
- Event management, advertising companies and event sponsors;
- Marketing survey and research companies;
- Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
- Other entities within EzCab; and
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
TRANSFER AND RETENTION OF DATA
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, processed, stored, and used in a jurisdiction other than your home country or otherwise in the country, state and city in which you are present while using any services provided by EzCab (“Alternate Country”), to companies under EzCab which are located outside of your home country or Alternate Country and/or where Company’s servers are located outside of your home country or Alternate Country.
Our lawful basis will be either consent (i.e. we may ask for your consent to transfer your Personal Data from your Home Country to the Alternate Country at the time you provide your Personal Data) or one of the safeguards permissible by laws.
We retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the Purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law. Once your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the Services or Purposes, or we no longer have a legal or business purpose for retaining your Personal Data, we take steps to erase, destroy, anonymise or prevent access or use of such Personal Data for any purpose other than compliance with this Policy, or for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention and detection, in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws.
YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, you can assert the following legal rights:
Access to your data
Rights to receive a copy of your data. You have the right to be informed which data we store about you and how we process this data.
Rectify, Remove or Restrict your data
Rights to request correction and/or deletion of your personal data.
If you do not wish to delete your data, but do not want us to process it further, you can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data. In this case, we will archive your data and only reintegrate it into our operative systems if you so wish. However, during this time you will not be able to use our platform, otherwise we will process your data again. We will also restrict the processing of your data if you have requested us to delete it but we are not able to comply with your request due to the applicability of statutory retention periods.
Complain to relevant data privacy authority
Rights to complain to the relevant data protection authority in Malaysia if you believe that your data privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal data.
Unsubscribed And Revocation of Consent
Right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data.
You can revoke your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal data at any time for any or all of the Purposes. Upon receiving your withdrawal request, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be Processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. Please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request.
We will screen and verify all requests beforehand. In order to verify your authority to make the request, we may require you to provide supporting information or documentation to corroborate the request.
Once verified, we will give effect to your request within within ten (10) business days upon receipt, and will notify you accordingly if we require additional time.
To exercise your rights, you can contact email@example.com at any time or contact our office addressed below for further assistance:
EzCab Sdn. Bhd. (197870-T)
19-1 Jalan 1/46A, Off Jalan Selingsing 7
Taman Niaga Waris, 51200 Kuala Lumpur
TEL: 03-6259 2929
You agree to hold harmless and indemnify the company, and its licensors, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents, attorneys, affiliates and members from and against any claims, actions, proceedings, investigations, demands, losses, damages, suits, judgments, awards, costs and expenses (including but not limited to legal expenses on a full indemnity basis) of every kind and nature arising from or in any way related to any breach by you of these terms and conditions and your use of services, software and/or the application herein.
The company makes no representation that the information and materials contained in or accessed through any website is appropriate or available for use in any jurisdictions outside Malaysia. You agree that by accessing any website and/or using the online services herein, your access and/or use, as well as these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Malaysia.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you wish to revoke the consent that EzCab has obtained from you for the Purposes stipulated herein, please notify EzCab using the contact details stated below.
If you have any queries about this Policy or would like to exercise your rights set out in this Policy, please contact our Customer Support at:
EzCab Customer Support Division
c/o EzCab Sdn. Bhd.
19-1 Jalan 1/46A, Off Jalan Selingsing 7
Taman Niaga Waris, 51200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
By communicating with EzCab, using EzCab’s services, purchasing products from EzCab or by virtue of your engagement with EzCab, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by EzCab as described in this Notice.
EzCab shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Websites. By continuing to communicate with EzCab, by continuing to use EzCab’s services, purchasing products from EzCab or by your continued engagement with EzCab following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.